Thursday, September 6, 2007

50 vs. Kanye Best Match Up Ever? Please....

This whole 50 Cent vs. Kanye battle on September 11 is interesting, don't get me wrong, but is it really two lyrical geniuses fighting for the throne of hip-hop? No. Not at all. Don't get me wrong, both have their share of great songs and they deffinitley get the best beats out there.. Dre, HOV, Timbaland, etc.. but people don't realize they're two of the most repetitive rappers. Are they better than the talented but overrated Lil' Wayne, TI, Game, and Jeezy? Sure. But they're not the best.

Without hearing the new album heres my prediction for a 50 lyric:
G Unit in the house, thats my clique, you aint down with us ni**a suck my dick.. i got gangstaz on my right, playaz on my left, ni**a you wanna fight? damn right you dont now pass the sess.. smoke but dont choke cus if you do ima shoot you up you mothafuckin' joke.

Without hearing the new album heres my prediction for a Kanye lyric:
Girl you played me, I'm done yo I'm going to sleep, bitch you cut me deep, can't stop hitting the blunt can't stop hittin' the bottle, thoughts so complex my ni**as call me Aristotle. Please yo, get outta my head, I'm sick of going through this shit to pass out in the bed.

They both have classics... 50's High All The Time, What Up Gangsta?, In Da Club, Many Men, and I'm Supposed to Die Tonight are some of my favorites as well as Kanye's Jesus Walks, Never Let Me Down, Celebration, Can't Tell Me Nothing and so on. But take all these songs and they're themes are repeated on the CD's over and over... when your at a party and its blasting your dancing, grindin, mackin and your not thinking these lyrics are gettin' old.. but when your driving around, putting the iPod on shuffle, or sitting at the computer eventually you start to wonder. Here's some of the greatest rap CDs for their genius that people tend to look past today:

1.NWA- Straight Outta Compton... let's be real when Ice Cube told you to say Fuck the Police and that he was coming Straight Outta Compton along with Eazy, Dre, Ren, and Yella you weren't only mesmerized, you were ready to take out the next cop who drove down your suburban streets...

2. Eminem- The Marshall Mathers LP.. Marshall Mather's stepped up from an impressive debut.. but unlike the Slim Shady LP Eminem wasn't talking about drugs and women to piss you off, he was pissed off. And when the guy is pissed off the best shit comes out of his mouth. I'm Back, Marshall Mathers, The Way I Am, Drug Ballad, and Under the Influnece are all amazing tracks on a mindblowing CD. As for Kim.. if you're not scared or disturbed by the end of the song upon your first listen I don't know what to say.. then again the first time I heard it I was 11.

3. Nas-Illimatic.. You ever been in a 'New York State of Mind'? If not deffinitley hit this East Side classic up. "Lifes a bitch and then you die, thats why we get high."

4. Wu Tang- Enter the 36 Chambers... The phrase Cash Rules Everything Around Me was born here, not in Akon or Weezy's mouth.

5. Ghostface Killa- Fishscale...One of the best recent rap CDs out there.. deffinitely download The Champ.

6. Jay-Z-The Black Album and Reasonable Doubt... Kingdom Come never came out, or at least I pretend that it didn't.

7. Snoop Dogg-Doggystyle..If you dont blast Gin and Juice, Who Am I (Whats My Name?), GZ and Hustlaz, or Murder Was the Case, you've never been down with the westside.

8. 2Pac's Greatest Hits/AllEyezOnMe.. The realest motherfucker out there.

9. Notorious B.I.G- Ready to Die.. Second realest.... although he was owned on Hit'em Up...

8. Dr. Dre-The Chronic.. I shouldn't have to explain. If you like rap and respect yourself you have this CD. All of todays rap wouldn't exist or sound the same without this CD. Saved the best for last.


Theres more but these were the ones that instantly popped to mind. Cube's AmeriKKKa's most should be up there, but he got his props regardless. On Sept. 11 when Kanye outsells 50 whose latest singles have sucked with the exception of Ayo Technology, rap is going to have a good day. But certainly not the GREAT day everyone anticipates..

No comments: