Thursday, June 26, 2008

I Miss Blink-182

I remember my teenage middle school years. From 5th grade to 8th grade, I was probably your average guy... I flirted with every girl I could, lead on every girl I could, hit on every girl I could, got with every girl I could, and chilled with my boys. (Now that I think about it, I really didn't grow up in highschool did I?) But throughout those rebellious years of hating teachers and the people around you, wanting to break out of the small town you were trapped in, watching fights on daily basis and crowding around cheering them on, and waiting for the 180 degree turn that is highschool to make you love life again, everyone had a sountrack. Blink-182 was mine.

Call me crazy, but Mark, Tom, and Travis were the gods that I praised. I had every shirt, book, poster, CD, and miscellanious piece of merchandise I could find. The songs with lyrics about girls, getting grounded, girls, fucking dogs, and more importantly girls were like my bible. I still go back and listen to those CDs and I'm happy. What the fuck happened to that though? I look at the bands out ther like Fall Out Boy, Paramore, and god help me Boys Like Girls (what a great name, I'd hope they do) and want to blow my fucking head off.

Blink was immature, no denying it. But they were fun and they captured what it was like to be a kid. These emo, pardon my language, faggots are ruining that. It's no wonder why the past four years I've listened to strictly rap; its the only genre people try to outdo eachother and be the best. These new bands just circlejerk each other all day and cry.

But here is the worst part. Ever since Tom Delonge fell off the sanity train and woke up thinking he was the reincarnation of Bono, Ghandi, and Carlton Banks (dance moves only) he ruined the best thing he was ever apart of and has tried to take advantage of the shitty music he is surrounded by in his genre. He knows the other bands suck and I think deep down he wanted to go to classic rock routes and try to spark a 'change' and set the boundries. Maybe if he wasn't such a cocksucker he would have realized that with Mark and Travis he was making ten times better music and would have been a part of the band that stood out and was still a success.

Oh well. Looks like I'll be waiting for the new Nas CD and Detox to drop; Angels and Airwaves can go fuck themself.

No comments: